Date: 2010-02-08, 6:18AM EST
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Ah, it was all going well until I saw this line:
“CMS- if you only use joomla or drupal – dont bother wasting my time – they are crap”
I don’t like using Joomla (I prefer Drupal myself) but even I wouldn’t dismiss either of these two CMSes, which power such sites as WhiteHouse.gov, FastCompany.com, Popular Science, Sony Music, Olympus, Sprint, Porsche, etc., as “crap”. That tells much more about you than it does about either CMS, or the companies/organizations that use them.
In short, sir, your post = EPIC FAIL.
=== ORIGINAL POST ===
freelance programer needed – Locals only (NEW YORK CITY AREA ONLY)
Date: 2010-02-01, 8:23PM EST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I am looking for a freelance programmer to handle all my programming jobs.
You must work as a full time freelancer with a minimum of 3 years experience.
What I want:
– must be able to work with Zend, Cake, Smarty (Symfony is a plus)
– can come in for meeting once in a while
– are always available by IM
– I dont like ghost programmers, I communicate with my programmers all day mostly by IM but sometimes by phone
– if you work on a specific schedule like 9-5 we wont work out, all my programmers who worked for me in the ast love to code, they bust their ass and work til the job is done
– are willing to fix bugs day or night, weekends, if there is a glitch its an emergency and you know its a priority. Even if its 11pm, you are willing to fix it.
– all my website are built with strict rules so they are SEO friendly (you will get very well educated in SEO programming)
– If you don’t follow instructions you will be out of a job quickly.
– you must be able to read other peoples code (im not paying you to learn on the job – that is what full time work is for)
– you must meet deadlines
– CSS – you should be able to turn any of my designs into CSS and they must work on all browsers
– CMS- if you only use joomla or drupal – dont bother wasting my time – they are crap
– I only do build custom CMS or use wordpress for cheap jobs
– Eccomerce – I either do Custom or Magento (any crap cets that arent SEO friendly won’t even be an option)
– If you code it, you also make sure it works. I dont want you to tell me something works and I test it and it doesn’t. That’s called wasting time.
– Please provide me with an hourly rate?
– Please send a resume
– Provide atleast 1 eccomerce store ( no cookie cutters)
– Provide atleast 3 custom CMS jobs
– Provide atleast 1 wordpress CMS job
– Provide 3 references
I am very easy going. My company has been around for over 5 years and the only reason my programmers have left is because they moved on to full time jobs. I provide steady work, but I want a coder not a on the clocker.
* Location: Opinionated Bumblehead
* it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: no pay